Your Personality Development

by Michael Berry on May 20, 2016

Sigmund Freud

I have deeply involved in personal development for years now and it got me thinking about what has really changed for me, besides my success. And it occurred to me that what has really changed is my personality. I don’t know about you, but I was always taught that your personality was basically determined at a very young age. I now do not believe this to be true at all.

I was determined to be a very analytical type into adulthood. But now at age 67 I am not at all. I go with my “gut feelings” now. Why? Because I’ve taught myself to do it because they serve me very well. Do I tend to want to analyze everything initially, well yes I do, but I always ask myself when I do, why. And then I realize that’s only a limiting belief of mine that I have to analyze everything.

So can you change your personality? Absolutely with your own personality development. That’s what I choose to call it now instead of personal development because that’s what it really is. When I look back at the person I was, complaining about politics and everything in between, I was not a very happy person. When I look at what I am today, happy complaining about nothing and loving life in the moment has my personality changed? What do you think?

Ready for a change in your thinking? Click below:
the biggest scam revealed

Meet Shane Krider http://www.borntoprosper.com/meet-shane-krider/
Meet Rachel Krider http://www.borntoprosper.com/rachel-krider/

Melodie Kantner November 13, 2010 at 2:35 am

I love this post. I also love personal development. I am very different today because of personal development. When I began with my network marketing career I was very shy and fearful but I was determined to be successful. I began working on myself, reading and listening to audios, attending trainings, etc. Today I am totally different. I love what personal development does for us.

Michael Berry November 13, 2010 at 5:05 pm

I’m also very different from a few years ago Melodie. It’s a wonderful thing. Thanks so much for your comments and I’m excited that you have made so many changes in your life.

Juniper Currie November 19, 2010 at 1:15 am

Personal development is so important. I know the person I was five years ago is certainly different than today. It’s amazing what happens when you get outside of your comfort zone until that one thing becomes comfortable. Thank you for sharing your story with us Michael. Looking forward to the next one.

Michael Berry November 20, 2010 at 5:10 pm

You’re welcome Juniper and thank you for your comments. You said it, getting and staying out of your comfort zone is so important.

Ldobson40 November 24, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Our personalities develop through the years. We are influenced by our education, the people we surround ourselves with, our belief systems, our education, the events that have occurred in our lives and most importantly our dreams.

Health, wealth and happiness are all our desires and our personalities certainly change as we are in pursuit of all three.

Go out and make it a great day!
Lloyd Dobson 🙂

Michael Berry November 24, 2010 at 6:23 pm

You got it Lloyd. It’s important to note we control everything we allow into our lives thus we can develop our personalities the way we wish. Thanks for your great comments.

Brock Blohm August 10, 2011 at 11:31 am

Awesome, couldn’t agree more!

Your, personality, your words, your thoughts, your actions, as well as many others; are all controlled by you. We have the ability to change any of those – it is choice.

What I have learned is that we must learn that WE CAN change these before we can actually change them intentionally. At least that’s how it was for me 🙂
Keep doing what you are doing Michael!

Michael Berry August 11, 2011 at 7:07 am

You’re right Brock. To put it another way. We must have the “belief” we can change these…..
Thanks for your comments as always Brock.

W L M B Fernando October 22, 2011 at 5:36 am

Yes. Personality development is very important. Through this we can make a mental awareness about whatever we do. I have been writing my past life experiences for 33 years so on. Often I read those notes so that I can identify my weaknesess, errors and mistakes i have made and I can silently correct those points and change my way of life for good. It works for me and I become a happier man day by day.
Thanks.
WLMB

Michael Berry October 25, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Loved your last comment, “become a happier man day by day”. It’s all a journey why not make it filled with joy.

{ 3 trackbacks }