The Pull of Your North Star

by Michael Berry on March 2, 2015

What I have discovered in personal development is that you must have a North Star, a guiding light, something you’re really passionate about. Maybe it’s the product or service you represent, maybe you’re passionate about changing people’s lives, maybe it’s a charity; whatever it is, you must discover your passion and then pursue that.

Mine is Prosper Your Mind. A closer look at Prosper Thesaurus definition: flourish, thrive, do well, bloom, blossom, burgeon, progress, do all right for oneself, get ahead, get on (in the world), be successful; informal go places. ANTONYMS fail, flounder. I’m assisting people to do just that through the power on their mind.

The more clearly you begin to see and focus on your North Star, the more quickly you will begin to experience some of the magic the universe has to offer. Keep your eyes and mind open to expect situations and opportunities to present themselves that can help you along the way. You will actually attract people, situations, experiences, and circumstances in different and surprising combinations that may be exactly what you need to move toward your North Star.

I call this the Pull of Your North Star.

This is, quite literally, the appearance of opportunities and adversities that you bring toward yourself in direct alignment with your goals and dreams. Every goal, every dream, every destination or accomplishment brings with it the risks and rewards or the opportunities and adversities associated with it. As you steadfastly hold your North Star to your mind and depart in it’s direction, you will experience the Pull of Your North Star naturally and automatically.

Expect it as confirmation you are on your way!

Exercise: Saying to yourself “What I deserve is (YOUR GOAL)” repeatedly throughout the day will be helpful in revealing the direction you would like your life to be heading. Listen to the answers that come up and write them down.

Theuns November 22, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Hi Michael

You alway have great blog to read
and it just make a lot of sens the go
after your north star.

If you do that things just fall in place
with out asking they just do. That
is what i love about the Law’s of the
universe the do not ask Questions the
just do what they need to do. 🙂

Regards
Theuns

Michael Berry November 23, 2010 at 1:59 am

You got it Theuns that’s what it’s all about. Why would anyone spend their entire life without pursuing their real North Star? Probably fear of failure. Thanks for your wonderful comments.

Susan Redmon November 23, 2010 at 12:41 am

Yes! Having a goal and stating it several times each day helps me stay focused. Without this exercise, I’m easily distracted.

Thanks for sharing,
Susan

Michael Berry November 23, 2010 at 2:01 am

Yes Susan without staying focused we can all get distracted. Thanks for your comments.

Stephanie Deneke November 23, 2010 at 4:16 am

Awesome analogy. For centuries our ancestors used the North Star to travel by at night. We need a focal point and a destination to have any real success in life. Not having our own personal North Star is like trying to use a GPS without knowing the destination. We get crappy directions!
~Stephanie~

Michael Berry November 23, 2010 at 10:21 pm

Thanks Stephanie for your comments. Right back at you on the analogy. I loved yours as well when you said “Not having our own personal North Star is like trying to use a GPS without knowing the destination.” Beautiful.
Michaek

Dena-Lynn November 23, 2010 at 4:48 am

What a great analogy. Our goals truly are our guiding light – they provide clarity and direction to our lives. And, not unlike the North Star, the closer we get to our goals they seem to go higher in that they become more meaningful as our commitment and spirit is engaged.
I enjoy reading your blog so much, Michael. Thanks for another great post 🙂
Dena

Michael Berry November 23, 2010 at 10:23 pm

You’re welcome Dena and thanks so much for all your comments. I also like to say that as we get closer and closer to our North Star (our goals) it burns brighter and brighter.

Anonymous November 23, 2010 at 5:47 pm

I love reading your posts, Michael. We are very much in sync with our messages. I wrote about the North Star a while back ~ and yes, it absolutely has a magnetic pull that seems to move us unstoppably in the direction of our passion! Thanks for sharing a great exercise to keep us on track throughout the day. 🙂

Michael Berry November 23, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Thanks you Beth I’m glad you enjoy them. Yes I do remember reading yours about the North Star. I think as humans we like symbols to relate to. Thanks for your comments.

Jeremiah M. Wean November 23, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Love it! The Guiding light to drive us towards our destination. While you may wonder off course a little you can continue your focus by reminding yourself where you are going and the way to get there.

Michael Berry November 24, 2010 at 1:39 am

Absolutely Jeremiah just keep reminding yourself. Thanks for your comment.

Michael Berry November 24, 2010 at 12:23 am

You make an interesting point with your comment “feeling that we deserve to be successful”. That’s something that must be overcome through your personal development. The key is to go deep inside and find out the why you may feel that way in the first place.

Michael Berry November 24, 2010 at 12:46 am

You got it Kathy. When you discover your true North Star “everything” in your life will be abundant. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments.

Michael Berry November 24, 2010 at 12:49 am

You are so right on when you said “so that we can endure the trials and tribulations of life”. That’s really it, when we determine our true North Star we will never allow anything to interfere with our purpose.

Michael Berry November 24, 2010 at 12:53 am

And thank you Howard for your comments. As you stated it’s especially difficult if not impossible to have success with your compass heading and North Star are opposite.

Drerica November 24, 2010 at 4:41 am

Congrats on winning the most blog comments this past week. I love your metaphor of my north star guiding me. My passion is to create love and healing in my life so that I can assist others to create and allow love and healing in their own lives. Lately I am feeling the pull of my north star as opportunities just keep appearing.
Erica

Michael Berry November 24, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Thanks so much for your recognition Erica. It’s interesting that when you’re in alignment with your North Star you’re right opportunities just keep appearing because that’s the way it;s meant to be. Thanks for your comments.Michael

Denise November 24, 2010 at 11:11 am

I love the idea of seeing our passion as our North Star. Th more we see it, the brighter it shines and the easier it will become to follow. Love it! Thank you 🙂

Denise

Michael Berry November 24, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Thanks Denise yes I think it is a very clear representation of your passion. I’m glad you liked it.

Anonymous November 24, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Love the idea of “the Pull of the North Star”. When you get focued on your passion people and things really do show up in your life.

Have a Great Day
Chester

Michael Berry November 24, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Yes they do show up Chester it’s wonderful and amazing. Thanks for your comments.

Val November 24, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I like the context you put this in. So true that knowing the direction you are heading is so important in your journey of self improvement. Keeping your focus on what you desire to have in your life.

Val 🙂

Michael Berry November 24, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Thanks Val for your comments. I loved it when you said “Keeping your focus on what you desire to have in your life. ” that’s so much “it”.

Pat and Lorna Shanks November 25, 2010 at 3:15 am

Finding our passion, allowing our north star to guide us is what it’s all about. That passion, that true direction is what drives us to help others and make a difference in their lives.

Thanks,
~ Pat & Lorna

Michael Berry November 25, 2010 at 7:06 pm

You got it guys I appreciate your comments.

Renita November 25, 2010 at 3:33 am

Thanks for sharing this post because it’s kinda similar to the talk I had with my daughter. If you want something bad you should be steadily preparing for it because when the opportunity presents itself you will be prepare. No such thing as luck!

Many Blessings To You,
Renita Mason

Michael Berry November 25, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Absolutely Renita there is no such thing as luck. Isn’t it wonderful when we’re into personal development how we pass it on to our kids.

Michael Berry November 25, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Great comments Benny. I especially like your last comment “Who says you can’t achieve something that is outside of your comprehensible view.” because it ties to my most recent post http://blog.prosperyourmind.com/2010/11/the-dot/

Michael Berry November 25, 2010 at 7:41 pm

I love your comment “We all need something to live for that is greater than ourselves. ” it is so right on. It’s unfortunate that most people don’t understands this. My purpose is to enlighten as many people as possible. Thanks for you comments as always Edward.

Melissa McCloud January 31, 2011 at 3:41 pm

hi michael, led here from your 1/30/11 post… LOVE the idea of a north star! “let your little light shine!” is one of the (few) lessons i took from bible school. thanks for the updated adult version, i love it!

Michael Berry January 31, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Hey Melissa I remember that little song as well. Thanks for the reminder and for your comments.

Anonymous April 2, 2011 at 9:55 am

I love your association:a life mission with the north star.When you have one you that light even if around you is still dark and unclear.That light guides you,feeds ,it gives you protection and a sense of fullfillment.We just have to follow it day by day.As we go it will shine more intensely:)
Thanks for sharing this great post:)

Have a fantastic day,
Radu

Michael Berry April 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm

That’s a great way of putting it Radu. You in turn will start to shine more brightly. I love it.

Michael Berry April 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Jane Araguel November 9, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Inspiring post. Your north star is what you are passionate about and if you focus on that thing then it will attract you even more as you continue to succeed and that I think is the pull of your north star.

Michael Berry November 11, 2011 at 9:36 am

Thanks Jane as always I appreciate your comments.

{ 11 trackbacks }