The Dot

by Michael Berry on February 21, 2015

In your personal development we sometimes think that maybe our dreams are too big and maybe we should scale them back a bit because maybe I should be more realistic and it would be easier for me to obtain the small down version. Or maybe we think that we just may not be deserving of that big of a dream. Well I’m here to tell you that from what I’ve learned and accomplished with personal development that is simply not true.

There is a book out from the makers of The Secret called The Power that makes this point very clear.

The Point of Creation

“To help you have the true perspective of creation, no matter how big your desire may seem to you, think of it as the size of a dot! You may want a house, car, vacation, money, the perfect partner, your dream job or children. You may want to receive full health in your body. You may want to pass exams, get into a particular college, break a world record, become president, a successful actor, lawyer, writer, or teacher. It doesn’t matter what it is you want, think of it as the size of a dot, because for the force of love, what you want is smaller than a dot!”

“If you find your faith wavering, just put a dot in the center of a large circle and next to the dot write the name of your desire. As often as you like, look at your drawing of your dot in the circle, knowing your desire is the size of that dot for the force of love!”

I’m in a state of gratitude and I wish you a life of joy.

Lorri Ratzlaff November 25, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Michael, this is beautiful! I looked at this exact book just yesterday in the store, and put it down for some reason. I MUST go back and buy it!

Thank you for sharing … especially the visual! I LOVE that idea! I am going home and making myself a DOT drawing, and adding that to my vision board!

You have an excellent blog, with wonderful content. I’m always happy to come back here and visit!!

BLESSINGS to you on this Thanksgiving Day!

Michael Berry November 25, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Thank you so much Lorri. I really appreciate your kind words regarding my blog. Must have been the law of attraction for me to post that after you looking at the book.

Lesly November 26, 2010 at 12:30 am

Very nice post and a nice way to constantly remember your dream. Thank you and I appreciate your wonderful posts.. Happy Holiday to you!

Michael Berry November 27, 2010 at 6:18 pm

And thank you Lesly for your comments. Happy Holidays to you and your family as well.

Scott Pollov November 26, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Michael. Many times I have contemplated scaling back my vision and my goals. Each and every time I have flat out refused to do that. We (or at least I) need large and significant dreams to make it worthwhile to get up and be motivated each and every day. I am going to check the book out. Thank you for mentioning it. Your blog is by far one of my favorites to visit each week! Thanks, Scott Pollov

Michael Berry November 27, 2010 at 6:19 pm

It is about motivation Scott as you stated so well. Big dreams big motivation. Thanks for your comments.

daveanddawncook November 26, 2010 at 8:19 pm

I knew I’d found another post I’d like when I came back to your blog again this week.

I’ve been planning on reading this new sequel to The Secret. Based on the really great perspective about the size of our dreams in relation to what can be created for us, that you described here in your great post, makes me know for sure I want to read it.

To think of our even biggest dream as just a dot makes it seem so easy to achieve. So now we know we can continue to dream as big as we want and still know it is possible when combined with our efforts.

What a great Thanksgiving post and Dave and I hope you had a memorable day of gratitude!

(Dave) and Dawn

Michael Berry November 27, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Thank you so much for your great comments Dawn. I have had so many people tell me the same thing that they’re now going to purchase the book. I trust that I have assisted everyone in their decision and for that I’m grateful.

Linnea Kline November 26, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Wow, this is pretty powerful. Our desires seem to be so big to us that this really puts everything in perspective. I wasn’t aware that there was another book out to go look at but will do so. Thanks for sharing this wisdom.

Michael Berry November 27, 2010 at 6:25 pm

You’re welcome Linnea and thank you for your comments.

Robin van der Merwe November 26, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I couldn’t help but think of “faith even as small as a mustard seed” as I read your post……

I can’t imagine having a dream too big… Too big according to what scale? LOL

Wishing you much continued success,
Robin

Michael Berry November 27, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Loved your analogy Robin. I had forgotten about the mustard seed story. Thanks for the reminder.

Arthur Bernier Jr. November 27, 2010 at 1:08 am

Micheal Awesom In

Michael Berry November 27, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Thanks Arthur I appreciate that.

Debbie November 27, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Michael this is a great visual no on how small our dream are, but on how small the effort is to achieve them. I love the concept of the dot, because it makes it much more achievable in my mind than something that is larger than life. I’m going to get the book you recommended for sure. The Secret is video I watch often and I’m sure the power is just as good.

Thanks for the great advice here!

Michael Berry November 27, 2010 at 6:30 pm

You’re welcome Debbie. Yes it really does put it into perspective. Thanks for your comments.

Juniper Currie November 27, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Hi Michael, I did not know about this book. I’m going to have to read it for sure. Great reminder that our dreams can never be too.

Michael Berry November 28, 2010 at 9:10 pm

I’m glad I brought it to your attention Juniper and thanks for your comments.

Peter Fuller MBA November 28, 2010 at 1:37 am

Nice post Michael

Even though I do believe our goals should be realistic does not mean they should be small.

I am not going to be a professional football player no matter how much I think about it but I certainly can build a business that allows me to go to the Super Bowl every year 🙂

Michael Berry November 28, 2010 at 9:13 pm

You got it Peter. Thanks for your comments.

Debbie November 30, 2010 at 5:20 pm

I loved this book! And “the dot” reference was so powerful for me. And I really got the significance of the power of love.

If you share love with everyone you meet, your life will change dramatically. Thank you Michael!

Michael Berry December 1, 2010 at 3:42 pm

You’re welcome Debbie and thank you for your comments. You got it.

Perry Davis December 1, 2010 at 1:07 am

Michael, you article puts things in perspective. The creative power is much more powerful that our individual power. Thanks for reminding me to stay focused on the dream and not the how, the creative power will take care of that detail.

Perry A Davis Jr
Music City USA

Michael Berry December 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm

You got it Perry. We all need to be reminded of our creative power and how the universe looks at it. Thanks for your comments.

Pat & Lorna Shanks December 1, 2010 at 2:44 am

So true. Our minds see things differently in terms of being able to achieve them. If we “see” them as being big, it seems like it is unattainable. The universe, however, doesn’t see it that way. To it, everything is equal… there isn’t any big or small.

Thanks for the reminder that whatever we set our minds to and focus on we can achieve.
~ Pat and Lorna

Michael Berry December 1, 2010 at 3:48 pm

I could not put it any better myself. You guys said it all. Thanks for your comments as always.

Chrystal September 14, 2011 at 8:35 am

We have dreams but we often put them aside thinking they’re way too big to aim for right now. That’s why it will ALWAYS remain a dream – because we don’t set ourselves to working towards it!

I’ve read The Secret before and I think it’s a great book, taking the simple concept of the power of the human mind.

I always have this motto, MIND OVER BODY!
Chrystal recently posted..Birth Order Personality Trait Theories

Michael Berry September 14, 2011 at 9:13 am

Thanks for your comments Chrystal. You’re right on target.