How to Stay the Course

by Michael Berry on September 2, 2014

Here is how you can stay the course in the midst the inevitable adversity and unknowns that are a normal part of being at cause in your life.

• Know why you are doing this–your North Star.
  • Fall in line with your vision–don’t fight yourself.
  • Know clearly were you want to go–your compass heading.
  • Take consistent steps in the direction of your compass heading–no matter how small they may be.

• Get wins every day and celebrate them.
  • Observe and journal on your progress.
  • Stay the course by being engaged in your life.
  • Seek the support of like-minded or previously successful individuals.
  • Communicate with those who make you feel like a winner.
  • Socialize with others who are undertaking bold and exciting things in their lives.
  • Consistently reevaluate if you are on the right path.
  • Course correct whenever necessary and as often as is necessary.
  • Continue to mentor your hearts desire to make sure your passion is on track.
  • Plan your persistence and live by it.
  • Share your personal rewards with others.

Marty Herald April 6, 2011 at 11:42 pm

I especially like your tip about celebrating wins. I worked with hundreds of first time entrepreneurs when I was a district manager for Avon – lack of confidence was one of the biggest issues. I gave each new representative a small journal to log every new thing they learned and daily accomplishments – no matter how small. It didn’t take long to grow several pages in their “success” journal so they had something tangible to see how much they were growing. Great article Michael!

Michael Berry April 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm

That’s a great idea Marty for celebrating your wins. As for me I journal about my wins and give gratitude every day. So very important. Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous April 7, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I have found that Communicating with those who make you feel like a winner is a sound thing because you begin to feel like the winner that you are. I think that the very last paragraph of this article is really key

(Above all and most importantly, resist the temptation of thinking in terms of success and failure, as those are defined by specific events that are fleeting at best. Think in terms of progressing on a journey. It’s not where you are at this moment in time as much as where you are going, where you’ve been and what path you are taking to get there.) I really liked your article. Thank Y0u for taking time to write it. . .

Michael Berry April 9, 2011 at 6:30 pm

You’re welcome and thank you so much for your comments.

Theuns April 7, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Hi Jim

Thanks for a good blog

Yes it make you think what will hapen in schoool in 10 years from now.

I think they must bring in Internet marketing in as a standard
thing learn.

regards
Theuns

Michael Berry April 9, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I agree with you Theuns. I also believe there will be a lot of schools teaching the entrepreneurial mindset as well.

Anonymous April 9, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I really like the tips you shared here. I am a huge believer that surrounding yourself with successful, POSITIVE people will bring you success too. Having a mentor that you meet with regularly is a great way to accomplish what you said here, “Seek the support of like-minded or previously successful individuals.” I hope your article motivates others to get on the right path with their personal and professional development!

Michael Berry April 9, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Thank you for your comments Nicole. As for me I mentor with our distributors to help them but I do not seek advise from anyone that is not at least as successful as I am.

Andy Nathan May 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm

One of the hardest things to do is to celebrate your own wins.

Michael Berry May 5, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Yes it is but if you make a habit of it, even celebrating the smallest wins.

Jane Araguel October 14, 2011 at 2:56 am

I like the tip on communicating with the people who make you feel like a winner. In this way you feel appreciated, motivated and you will do even better . Also knowing the reason why you are doing something gives you a sense of direction which everyone needs in order to be successful. Awesome post Michael.

Shine November 13, 2011 at 8:34 pm

“Plan your persistence and live by it.”
For me, this is the one setting me back. I am not persistent enough.

Angelo December 1, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I go to see each day some blogs and websites to read posts, but this weblog gives quality based content.