Decisions Determine What Happens

by Michael Berry on September 4, 2014

In life we have many wins. We also have many disappointments and failed attempts. As we progress on our journey, we can arrive at a place where it seems that there are just certain life “realities” that we need to accept. The more we accept these realities, the more we feel like we have no choice in the matter.

There can be no doubt that a person can change the world. If not for people, who would be the agent for change?

One Person Does Change The World.

All major changes in the world start with one individual. As soon as one person chooses to do something, create something, or change something, and they just start doing it–not running around trying to get someone else to do it–they are doing it themselves, on purpose and without regard for anyone else’s assistance. They take on the responsibility 100%; they just start doing it.

Soon, others follow their lead.

This is how it works.

Millions of people wish for change, pray for change and hope for change. But no change is possible until one person decides and commits. To decide is to cut off all other options–at least temporarily. A decision is an absolute, and it creates from within its own energy and inertia.

Wishing for a change without action is in receipt for heartbreak, frustration and disappointment. It is also very common. Avoid this trap by committing to finish the job.

Once one is truly committed, magic happens!

A person can and does create reality with their decisions. This truth is widely ignored and under estimated, and those who choose to live their lives this way will leave the rest of society baffled and confused.

Personal development, it’s not only our life, it’s our business.

Wendy Hewlett April 7, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Great advice Michael. I agree that once we make a decision that we are going to do something we have to commit to it to the point that we won’t accept failure. “Where there is a will … there is a way.” When we really believe and have faith in that something, there is nothing that can stop us.

Wendy

Michael Berry April 9, 2011 at 6:33 pm

You’re absolutely correct Wendy “nothing can stop us.” Thanks fro your comments.

Paul H. Moore April 10, 2011 at 9:36 am

Absolutely Michael. There is so much power in committing to a strong decision. I know this from my own personal experience. One day I decided to ‘live a long, happy, and vital life’ and that I would start making the changes to do so. Ever since then my life has transformed! It’s almost like having blinders on while you are in pursuit of the thing – that decision – that needs to get done. Thanks!

Michael Berry April 13, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Sorry for my late response we’ve been moving to the wine country in CA. I love your comment about having blinders on. That’s a great way to put it.

Katri Remes April 11, 2011 at 9:56 am

Thank you Michael. I read this on the right day… I already read something similarthis morning (a little reminder of this from TUT: messages from The Universe) about taking action. That seems to be a problem for a lot of people, icluding myself ! I am now in the process of learning (hard way, I might add haha!) that I should follow my decisions… taking the BABY STEPS !
I think it very common to try to do too much a lot of times. I believe we all try after feeling bad not doing anything, to do better. To make that decision. And fell off because we take a bigger bite than we can chew. We don’t often see that every little action, every little baby step towards to what we want, actually matters !
Some people – a lot of people – are able to do bigger things; we all don’t have to be similar. We, who feel overwhelmed by the task we have taken – or life’s other demands – can do things in our own way: baby steps – but do them regularly. Be consistant. Do a little something every day. Don’t expect too much too soon from ourselves.
This is what I am beginning to see. Consistancy taking baby steps.

Michael Berry April 13, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Sorry for my late response we’ve been moving to the wine country in CA. You said it “be consistent do the little things”. Thanks for your comments.

Michael Berry April 13, 2011 at 5:44 pm

You did just give yourself a lecture, good on you. Most people simply do not take ACTION, you got it.

Jane Araguel October 14, 2011 at 3:07 am

The decisions we make always determine what happens even in the next minute. Each time we decide to do something we should be ready to take action so as to facilitate that decision. If you decided to do something and it did not work out then it is good and wise to always pick yourself up and go another direction. Wonderful post.

{ 2 trackbacks }