When I think of personal development or self development, whatever you want to call it, the one thing that comes up for me is that people tend to over complicate it. Personal development is really simple to me, but I also tend to over complicate it from time to time.
Being a student of personal development is, in my words:
- First and foremost in personal development you must believe without reservation that you are creating your life through your thoughts and take complete responsibility for it. If you don’t, then you should stop reading this now and find some supporting documentation to reinforce this belief. http://blog.prosperyourmind.com/?p=48
- In personal development you believe you were created in the image of the creator (God or whatever your belief). Thusly you believe you can create anything in time. You can create your goals.
- In personal development you are grateful for what you have right now and what you will have in the future (your goals). http://blog.prosperyourmind.com/?p=60
- In personal development you train your mind to think positive thoughts. If you have a negative thought you replace it immediately with a positive thought. You do not allow outside negative environments into your life. (Such as watching the news.) http://blog.prosperyourmind.com/?p=45
- In personal development you learn to be very present . I call it living in the NOW. You observe and do not judge. http://blog.prosperyourmind.com/?p=51
- Finally, in personal development you work harder on yourself and your thoughts than any one thing and you’re always in action moving toward your goals.
http://www.prosperyourmind.com http://blog.prosperyourmind.com In personal development we learn that “we all see and experience the world not as it is, but as we are”.