Future Self

by Michael Berry on July 15, 2014

Let’s imagine for a minute that you have a big goal, it’s your North Star. What if you could talk to yourself after you have already obtained that goal? Well you can.

Have you read the books Conversations with God? One of the things it talks about is there is no such thing as time, it’s all happening now. I know that’s hard for humans to understand, including myself, but I believe it. So getting back to my question of talking to your future self. Picture yourself having obtained that big goal. Where are you living, what are you doing, who is with you, and how do you feel? Picture the scene in your mind and start asking yourself questions about how you got there and what you had to do.

Kathy Jodrey February 15, 2011 at 4:07 am

I haven’t read the book but definitely agree with the theory it embraces. There truly is nothing but the present moment, even the future is nothing until it arrives, at which time it becomes the present. Really interesting perspective and a bit hard to wrap your mind around, but when we learn to live in the now we are able to alleviate worry and fear, and appreciate the gifts that surround us.

Kathy Jodrey

Michael Berry February 17, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Conversations with God is actually in a 3 book volume set. It opened my eyes to a lot of things. Thanks for your comments especially your last comment about living in the now.

Michael Berry February 17, 2011 at 9:38 pm

You’re welcome Ryan and thank you for your comments.

Michael Berry February 17, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Thank you Christine. I’m glad you got value from my post.

Michael Berry February 17, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Thanks Mike I appreciate your comments. Let me clarify that you do not need to know the “How” we would like to get there. That will be presented to us along the way.

Wellness & Health February 19, 2011 at 4:16 am

Very interesting. I usually visualize myself having attained my goal and just try to feel how it feels. Visualizing myself talking to my future self gives the advantage of engaging into a conversation and get into more details. I’ve seen the movie Conversations with God. It’s one of my faves.

Cherrie Bautista

Michael Berry February 19, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I actually have not seen the movie just read the books. Thanks for the reminder to check it out and thanks for your comments Cherrie.

Willena Flewelling February 20, 2011 at 7:45 am

That is a new spin on things… talk to my Future Self. I like it! My current self talk speaks in present tense everything I want to be accomplishing and feeling.

“I am attracting…”
“I am happy and grateful now that I am…”

Thanks for the additional tip. 🙂

Willena Flewelling

Michael Berry February 21, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Yes talking with my future self is now getting easier and easier for me to do. And it’s fun.

Allan August 14, 2011 at 5:22 pm

I agree so much with that it’s about the journey and not the end goal.

For me there is nothing but the present. What we do in the present will in the end affect what will happen in the past or in the future.

If I view my future self. That would be me lying in a pool somewhere. Feeling all anxiety in my life is gone. That I have such a strong trust in my own abilities and have the experience to back it up.

Michael Berry August 15, 2011 at 8:54 am

You got it make contact with that person lying in a pool. Where is the pool is a good start.

Jane Araguel October 6, 2011 at 5:42 am

The most important thing to ask yourself in the future is what you did to get there. By asking yourself this you realize that the time is now. You have to start making that future now.

Michael Berry October 6, 2011 at 9:00 am

Absolutely Jane you got it.

Tanisha Adjo November 2, 2011 at 12:01 pm

personal development is key to any business and i read my books all the time

Michael Berry November 2, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Yes it is Tanisha and thanks for your comments.

{ 4 trackbacks }