Do I Trust Me?

by Michael Berry on July 5, 2014

That is a key question in personal development to determine your progress. I want you ask and answer that question of yourself. Do I trust me? If you hesitate or answered no then you have some work to do. Not to worry, this gives you a chance to do some discovery of yourself and find out why or what is keeping you from answering yes. If you answered yes immediately then you’re on the right track.

You see, most people look outside for the answers and as I’ll state over and over again you know all the answers. You know what’s best for you. Now you have to act on it, but that’s another subject.

Remember ask and answer it honestly.

Kim December 1, 2010 at 11:56 am

Personal development is vital in self growth. How true is that question…Do I Trust Me? I never thought about asking myself that question, but I will now. Thanks for the reminder!

Kim

Michael Berry December 1, 2010 at 3:50 pm

You’re welcome Kim. When you ask yourself that questions and look closely at what comes up for you and deal with it, you can do anything. Thanks for your comments.

The GREAT Edward December 1, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Hey Michael,

Excellent question. I would suggest that most of us have work to do on this area and type of question. I agree that we have all the answers we need if we just look in the right place… within. It is sad that most people are so distracted that they do not realize the power that they hold within themselves to create the life of their dreams, the one they were born to live!

Keep your dreams alive my friend.

Make it a great day!
God Bless,
The GREAT Edward!

Michael Berry December 1, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I would suggest that we all have work to do in this area because we all have some limiting beliefs. Thanks for your comments Edward as always you are very insightful.

Lesly December 1, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Hi Michael..
It is so true how so many look outside themselves for answers. I used to, not any more. I listen to my heart… a very special message you are sharing here. 🙂

Michael Berry December 1, 2010 at 3:55 pm

You said it Lesly that so many people look outside themselves for answers when they already have all the answers if they would just trust themselves. Thanks for your comments.

Paul Reimers December 2, 2010 at 5:39 am

I totally agree with that quote “life is a journey, not a destination”. One of the best tricks we play on ourselves is focusing on finite future do or die type scenarios. The truth is that we are always standing on the sum total of what we are created and are forming our future from the place we stand in the present, either by conscious intent or by default.

Michael Berry December 2, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Great observation Paul. I loved your comments, thanks.

Belinda Cunningham December 2, 2010 at 8:59 pm

Great question to be asking ourselves. I immediately said yes then starting back tracking and the old negatives started coming in so was interesting. I just threw those negatives out and replaced them with great positive ones. I will keep this question in mind today and try to apply it to all I do and see what personal development becomes evident for me to work on. Simple little questions with profound results. Thanks Michael

Michael Berry December 5, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Interesting observation on your part Belinda. Besides throwing those negatives out, which is great, also take the time to go deeper to find out why you’re having them in the first place. Thanks for your comments.

Rob Franta December 3, 2010 at 1:29 am

Great point Michael, you know I always though I trusted myself 100%. When I read your words for a split second I hesitated. Looks like I may need a little work on myself yet. The good news is I already know exactly what I need to adjust.

Thanks for reminding me to take a good hard look at myself.

Michael Berry December 5, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Thanks Rob for your comments. See my comments to Belinda below which would also apply to you as well.

Michael Berry December 16, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Sorry I did not respond to your comment sooner, but we’ve been at our amazing conference in Whistler, BC, Canada. You can explore the answer by how you feel then ask why do I feel that way? And go deep.

Brock Blohm August 12, 2011 at 9:10 am

Very important question. If you don’t; you must learn to start – immediately! 🙂

Michael Berry August 12, 2011 at 11:14 am

Right on as always Brock. Make it an awesome weekend.

charley August 13, 2011 at 5:14 am

I answered No to that question. I dug down to the past and found what made me answer no. I have decided to fix this and now I know I have developed myself a bit further. Thanks because this helped a lot.

Michael Berry August 13, 2011 at 10:45 am

I’m glad you answered that question honestly because there is where it starts. Thanks for your comments.