Creativity

by Michael Berry on July 9, 2014

Why are some people more creative than others? The only reason is they believe they’re more creative. So it’s belief in their creativity. Let’s take a closer look.

What happens when a person believes they’re creative. They simply attract more creative thoughts in alignment with their North Star, their passion, their purpose. So how can you develop more belief in your creativity? You can start by identifying the previous times when you have had creative thoughts that you’ve acted upon and their results and become very grateful for them. After that start focusing on being in the NOW and accept what pops into your head and don’t analyze it. If it’s a thought that carries you toward your North Star then act upon it. You get the idea? You can also repeat an affirmation such as “you are creative” often during the day.

To your creativity,

Melissa McCloud January 31, 2011 at 3:44 pm

hi michael, thanks for introducing me to your idea of the North Star… i’ve been taught to “find my passion” and “get rich in my niche” but how you phrased it really makes sense for me now. i’m sitting on an idea i think would embody me so well, would be FUN, and also profitable. i’m going to take action on it TODAY… thanks for the inspiration! 🙂

Michael Berry January 31, 2011 at 5:11 pm

The most important part of what you said is “I’m going to take action today”. I love it.

Anonymous January 31, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Great post! I know if I have a creative idea or inspiration I should act on it but sometimes that is easier said than done. I like your reference to moving towards your North Star. I never heard it put that way. Thank you for your insight and look forward to my next visit!
God Bless,
Trish

Michael Berry January 31, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Hey Trish thanks for your comments. I have suggestion that you get the easier said than done out of your vocabulary because you can always take steps toward your goals no matter how small.

Dan Johnson January 31, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Great blog comments Michael, thanks for sharing.

Dan Johnson/TSA

Michael Berry February 2, 2011 at 9:19 pm

You’re welcome and thank you Dan.

JoeRemington February 2, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Hey there Michael;

Thanks for sharing this my friend, and giving the call to live in the now and take action. I’ve never the “north star” approach before, and I tend to put more of an emphasis on the God of the stars and their alignment Jesus the Messiah and Almighty God. However please don’t misunderstand me, I do see some great value in what you’re saying concerning needing a guiding light or a target. I agree with you 100% my friend.

So many fail to have a target of where they want to go, yet they expect that somehow they will one day achieve what they want.

Thanks again for sharing and keep up the great work you are doing.

Michael Berry February 2, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Thanks for your comments Joe and I know you’re a great believer. Maybe this will help you a little. If we’re all created in the likeness of God why wouldn’t we be able to create our lives? In fact God doesn’t want us to just sit around focusing on him, but start creating and start doing.

Brock Blohm August 13, 2011 at 9:49 am

Believing is becoming! One must believe in himself before he/she can accomplish something extraordinary! Keep inspiring Michael!

Michael Berry August 13, 2011 at 10:54 am

You and I are such on the same page Brock. Thanks for your comments.

Jane Araguel October 5, 2011 at 4:07 am

I am creative! It is quite true that once someone is creative they keep on going on with the creativity. Most of us have brilliant ideas but we think too much about them instead of acting. This is where all the creativity goes down the drain. Wonderful post.

Michael Berry October 5, 2011 at 10:51 am

Thanks Jane you’re right on target again.

Carmen November 25, 2011 at 6:07 am

I like the message that your post sends.

I do believe that the power of one’s mind is the most amazing tool that anyone can ever possess and we need to use it to reinforce positive ideas and to inspire us to set and achieve our goals.

Something which keeps me going is the idea that no matter what we tackle, there is always going to be a learning curve and we should just be realistic in setting our goals to ensure that we are not dissapointed when what we are attempting to achieve does not happen immediately.

Sometimes we might also not achieve the results we had mapped in our minds but if we are then prepared to persevere, the end result may often be far more spectacular and rewarding than we originally imagined.