Clean Drinking Water

by Michael Berry on November 4, 2013

Personal development is about giving back.

Right now, almost a billion people on the planet don’t have access to clean, safe drinking water. That’s one in eight of us. charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations. They use 100% of public donations to directly fund sustainable water solutions in areas of greatest need. Just $20 can give one person clean water for 20 years.

Organizations like Charity: Water are building wells every year from donations provided by people like us and like you.  My goal today is to spread the word so that more people will step up and donate $1… or $4 to make a difference in the world….to reach out and save the life of a child.

What will you do with $1 today?  Have you bought breakfast?  A cup of coffee?  Will you be buying your lunch?  Maybe taking in a movie this evening?

Why not do something life-changing…. literally life-changing.  Take 60 seconds and head over to Charity: Water and donate today.  Go ahead right now…we’ll wait.Nothing is more important than saving a life so go now…..Then leave us a comment below and let us know that you did.

You can also share this post on Twitter and Facebook and help spread the word today.  You’ll be in good company!  Over 4,000 bloggers from 130 countries around the world are sharing this important message today.

China Sourcing Gary October 16, 2010 at 1:46 am

Michael, clear water is something we take for granted. We can make a difference. Thank you for the great blog!

Michael Berry October 16, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Yes it is. Thank you so much for your comments Gary.

Emma Deborah Thomas October 16, 2010 at 6:34 am

Thank you so much for using your blog for such a worthy cause. It’s outrageous how many people don’t have access to clean water, something most people take for granted.

I just found out that the water in my borehole isn’t fit for human consumption but I have the option to pop to the shops and buy drinking water! If I was stuck with the water on my land I’d be very poorly indeed.

Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention.

Kind regards,

Emma 🙂

Michael Berry October 16, 2010 at 1:57 pm

You’re welcome Emma. Unfortunately you’re having to experience it first hand. I’m sure you’ll get it resolved.

Thanks for your comments,

Kevin M. October 17, 2010 at 3:03 am

It has been so awesome seeing so many blogs participating in this blog action day!

Michael Berry October 17, 2010 at 6:27 pm

It is awesome Kevin. It just shows what we’re capable of with just a little effort.

Lesly October 17, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Hey Michael,
Excellent … I am getting the word out… blessings. 🙂

Michael Berry October 17, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Thanks and good for you Lesly.

Mike Pedersen October 18, 2010 at 12:16 am

Michael, a great cause, and it’s cool to see you support it. In America, we do take water for granted, and it’s too bad. I make a point to do little things like turn off faucet when brushing teeth. Simple, and yet can waste a lot of water.

Good stuff!

Mike

Michael Berry October 18, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Yes it is Mike and I’m glad I discovered it thanks to one of our other TSA members. This is such a wonderful community. One thing you might want to check into is Oxyenics http://www.oxygenics.com/ shower heads save a lot of water with an increase in pressure.

Thanks for your comments,

Rob Wilson October 18, 2010 at 4:18 am

Hi Michael – that’s one of my favorite causes. We actually partnered with a bunch of different text ad and traffic exchanges to offer promo codes to sites as a thank you to people who donate. http://rainbowtrafficsolutions.yolasite.com

Michael Berry October 18, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Hey Rob that’s a great idea. I’ve bookmarked the site to join later. Thanks for your comments.

Pattyde October 18, 2010 at 7:13 pm

This is so crucial for so many! I live in the US, State of Nevada. Almost all of the drinking water here is contaminated with arsenic and mercury due to the century+ of mining here. To fish in our State it is catch and release as the fish are contaminated. Here though we can go and buy filtered safe water. In developing Countries that is not possible.
Won’t you join us in this ongoing Vital Cause?
Pattyde

Michael Berry October 19, 2010 at 12:09 am

Yes Pattyde you are correct. I did not realize that Nevada’s water was so contaminated. I guess I’ve only experienced Las Vegas so that’s probably not a comparison for the entire state.

Thanks for your comments,

Ted Hunsaker October 18, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Hi Michael. Great Cause and a great way to give back to the community. That is the reason why I am involved in a business with unlimited income potential.

Michael Berry October 19, 2010 at 12:24 am

Yes it is Ted I’m glad someone presented it to me. Thanks for your comments.

daveanddawncook October 18, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Thanks so much for bringing this cause to our attention in your great blog post. It is so sad that so many people don’t have access to what we here in the US have never been without. It’s good to be reminded that everything we have we need to be very grateful for starting with having safe drinking water whenever we want it.
Emma, we’re sure glad you can purchase safe drinking water!
Thanks so much, Michael!
Dave and Dawn

Michael Berry October 19, 2010 at 12:27 am

You’re welcome guys. I’m just glad that someone brought it to my attention as well. That day it made be feel gratitude for our abundance here. Thanks for your comments they are appreciated.

Anonymous October 19, 2010 at 12:34 am

I could not agree more Michael. We do take water for granted. We need to be mindful when simply turning a tap for a drink that some people are not as fortunate.

Spread the love my friend! 🙂

Michael Berry October 19, 2010 at 1:02 am

Thanks for your comments especially the last one, spread the love my friend. I will as much as I can.

social bookmarking October 19, 2010 at 3:46 am

Thanks Michael for writing about this great cause. Isn’t it remarkable that the amount of water on our planet is constant, yet the amount of drinkable water is not. The scary part is that we have done it to ourselves.
Thanks to blog posts like yours, we are all reminded of the things we should and could be doing to improve life for us and our neighbors. Lets hope we all take action! I know I am, by using less water and spreading the word.

Michael Berry October 19, 2010 at 4:28 pm

You’re welcome and thank you for your comments. Yes we can all do more. One thing you might want to check into is Oxyenics http://www.oxygenics.com/ shower heads save a lot of water with an increase in pressure.

Rebeccajorussell October 19, 2010 at 11:15 pm

Thanks for writing about the need for water in other countries. We do alot talk and no do, I participate in a program that helps children in Africa and other “3rd” world countries, water is one of the products.

It is important to write a blog that means more than ourselves. rebecca

Michael Berry October 20, 2010 at 2:32 pm

You’re welcome Rebecca and thank you for your participation in helping other 3rd world countries. We all can make a difference.

Anonymous October 22, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Great post, it is amazing how people suffer from things we take for granted here in our country. Thanks for taking the lead and making us aware this will make the difference for so many people. Awesome!

Lori

Michael Berry October 22, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Your welcome Lori. If I can share as much as possible with everyone that we can make a difference it makes me feel very good.

Jim October 24, 2010 at 9:23 am

Great cause! My friend Elsha Stockseth (thelittlegive.com) contributes a part of her earnings from her Christmas Card sales to the African Well Fund. Water is so important. Great to be a part of the cause for water!

Thanks for what you are doing here.

Jim

Michael Berry October 24, 2010 at 7:32 pm

You’re welcome Jim and thank you. Yes it is a very worthy cause for a resource that should be available for everyone.

DeAnna Troupe November 12, 2010 at 1:25 am

Great post. It’s important to keep reminding ourselves of the struggles of other people. I fuss at my step kids about drinking water all the time. Whenever they complain about having to drink water, I just tell them that there are people all over the world that would love to have that water.

Michael Berry November 12, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Absolutely DeAnna it’s so important for us all to participate. May I make a suggestion of not fussing at your kids but show them some videos on the clean water site about the kids that don’t have access to clean water. Thanks for your comments.

JoeRemington February 3, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Thanks for sharing this very important call Michael;

I’ve heard this before; but I’ve never honestly really thought to take action on it regretfully. After watching the video you’ve included I will be donating and helping to solve this problem.

I really appreciate you and for reminding me. I know the importance of clean water so much that I am rarely ever without a glass or bottle at my side, and I tell people that I’m around all the time the importance of water.

Often times we are not sick or diseased but dehydrated and simply need to drink more water. I now believe it’s time to take my efforts to people that don’t have access to this vital water.

Thanks again my friend

Michael Berry February 4, 2011 at 12:14 am

Thank you Joe for contributing. I’m glad my post made a difference.

Jake September 25, 2011 at 6:35 pm

It’s amazing – we tend to think of homeless people without shelter, third-world citizens as lacking in food, while even the basic need for water is something many of us take for granted. And we worry about whether tap water is better than bottled water, or should I buy a filter, etc etc. Let’s be glad for what we have and help those who are less fortunate.
Jake@As Seen on TV recently posted..Bare Lifts Chest Enhancer and Lifter

Michael Berry September 26, 2011 at 8:07 am

Right on Jake. Thanks for your support.

Jane Araguel October 3, 2011 at 5:02 am

Wow you will really be blessed for highlighting this and trying to help out. Many people in developing countries lack clean water and even scramble for the dirty water available for the purpose of drinking. It is sad that some people take water for granted and even waste it when some are in need of even a bottle.

Michael Berry October 3, 2011 at 10:00 am

Thank you so much for your comments Jane. Just raising awareness of the issue is very important. Please pass it on.