Curious George

by Michael Berry on October 11, 2010

Personal development should be fun so I would like to share a few funny things about George Washington in the hope it will brighten your day.

George Washington grew marijuana in his garden.

George Washington was deathly afraid of being buried alive. After he died he wanted to be laid out for three days just to be sure he was dead.

George Washington’s false teeth were made of whale bone.

George Washington had to borrow money to go to his own inauguration.

Sue Collier October 13, 2010 at 10:52 am

It just goes to show that you never know everything about a person, lol!! Everyone has their own set of hang ups, they just dont let everyone know about them.

I see your Networked Blogs post worked!! 🙂 I just joined so that makes 40, well done!!

Sue

Michael Berry October 13, 2010 at 2:57 pm

Yes that’s true Sue. Thanks for your comments and yes my Networked Blogs post worked well and thanks to you and so many others that contributed.

Mike Pedersen October 14, 2010 at 1:51 am

What a fun little post about George Washington. Teeth made from whale? Marijuana? Too funny. The “flower children” of the 70’s should love that one 😉

Mike

Michael Berry October 14, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Hey Mike I liked your comment about the flower children, I never thought of that.

Pat & Lorna Shanks October 14, 2010 at 3:09 am

We are all human aren’t we? Very cool and fun post…

Thanks,
~ Pat & Lorna

Michael Berry October 14, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Yes we are and I’m glad you had fun reading it.

Nicole Rushin October 14, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I suppose these historical figures have been pumped up a bit through translations and such. He had a lot of good things to say through his whale bone teeth but I am sure he had his vices. I have heard George Washington was some what of a ladies man and he had lots of illegitimate children . I wonder how true that is – we could be ancestors and not even know it.

Michael Berry October 14, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Yes I have heard the same about the ladies man thing, but did not want to dig up too much negativity, after all, he was a great leader. Thanks for your comments.